- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 TBLS Almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened (not melted)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Splash of milk (almond or cow), about 1 TBLS
- 1/2 cup coconut - unsweetened, large flake
- 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Sea salt, for sprinkling on cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together white whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a mixer, beat together softened coconut oil, almond butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Beat until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
4. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Mix in the oats, coconut and chocolate chips and the splash of milk (if the dough is a bit too dry).